Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

I'm making this short. Tomorrow is Easter. We Christians celebrate it yearly, of course. But we should think of it more often. We don't live as others do . . . the grave is not the end.

Because of that single fact, I can deal better with the physical problems I see my mom going through. She's 90 years old, and the body is failing. I still feel bad right now, but it's more for what she's enduring. I know that in the long run, there is more to life than living 90 years.

I have read a lot on the existence of the soul. I firmly believe we are more than our bodies for a lot of reasons. Maybe I can cover that in a future blog. But for now, I'm convinced we are more than physical entities. If so, then part of us goes on after physical death.

That's where the good news of Jesus comes in. I don't have to stand before a holy God and account for my moral failings. Jesus took my place and paid for my violations of God's moral laws by his death. His resurrection, something I have also spent a lot of time researching, proved that God accepted his sacrifice.

Because of Jesus, I know that my mom will some day pass from this shadowy life to true life eternal. I'm so grateful that I, my wife, sons, and daughters-in-law will also stand before the God of the universe and be declared not guilty. Thank you, Jesus, for the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment