Monday, April 15, 2013

A ray of sunshine (or several)


It’s so easy to be upset at all the bad news today. As a conservative, I’m especially concerned about where our country is going. But a piece in today’s newspaper reminded me that there are some good things going on too.

For one thing, the U.S. is in the midst of an energy surge. Due to fracking and tremendous supplies of oil shale, we are the world’s largest producer of natural gas. We may become the world’s biggest supplier of crude oil—more reserves than Saudi Arabia. Wow! Of course, the catch is that Obama and his leftist friends don’t want us to use oil products, so we’ll see if we are allowed to develop this important energy.

Secondly, we have new manufacturing. Thanks to robotics and 3-D printing, we can change the way we make products.

Genetics and stem-cell technology are a third area of good news. We will develop better agriculture and pharmaceuticals. I’m especially happy that stem cells have a far great potential coming from adult cells than from harvesting them from embryos.

One area we are doing well in is puzzling to me. It has to do with IT and cloud computing. I’m a technological dinosaur, so I don’t really understand how all this works. I’m just happy that we seem to be doing well here.

So, cheer up, my friends. Things can be better in our country. But it all depends on the leadership that is willing to let us develop unrestricted by Big Brother government types who want centralized planning. Turn America loose and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment