Monday, March 4, 2013

Has the sky fallen yet?

This will be a sarcastic blog, just so you know . . . After hearing President Obama run around the country, feverishly outlining all the disasters that would befall the country if the sequester plan went into effect, I waited to see the awful results when Monday rolled around.

I want to tell you what I encountered this first day back to school. I biked to Palomar College and noticed several incredible horrors. There was traffic near a couple of schools, sometimes the light turned red for me and a lot of cars, my office was a bit too warm, some students didn't have papers to turn in, a student who planned to meet with me couldn't make the appointment.

Wait . . . These actually seem to be pretty normal, now that I think about them. Is this possible? Can we slice around 2% of the budget and not expect Armageddon? Keep in mind this represents, in the bizarre world of federal budgeting, no less money than was available last year.

No wonder Obama spent a lot of time warning us. He was trying to rescue the nation from the horrors inflicted by his opponents. Oh, wait again . . . He was the one that originally set up this plan. Is that possible? Does he think we are so stupid that we would forget? Sure, the nation re-elected him, so he's confident in our collective stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment