Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving for me

Thanksgiving is a perfect time to reflect on all the good that has come into my life. What am I thankful for? So many things…

A great wife, who has shown me mercy and grace over the years despite myself.

Two wonderful sons who have started businesses and shown great abilities such as discipline, creativity, and wisdom.

Two daughters-in-law who make my sons happy each day.

A grandson who toddles up to me, lifts his hands, and says, "Up."

Jesus Christ, the most important person who ever lived.

Christian apologetics, where I can find good reasons for the faith that I follow.

A job that I look forward to every day.

DragonSpeak software that allows me to type without depending on my lousy two-finger skills.

A house with a big yard.

A golden retriever who thinks I'm pretty special.

Lots of good books that need to be read.

Library sales of used books and used audio books.

The United States of America – the best country to live in.

Two cars that are old enough to avoid sharp depreciation but still nice enough to enjoy.

The Byrds, an old rock band that still gives me a lot of pleasure to hear.

Hiking trails near enough for me to enjoy the peace and quiet.

A digital camera, which has allowed us to take wonderful videos and photos of our grandson.

Good friends to share the joys and frustrations of life.

Good health which enables me to do the things I want to do.

Aches and pains of old age, which remind me to use my time well.

Netflix, which has allowed my wife and me to enjoy documentaries.

The San Diego Chargers and Padres, who teach me patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment