Sunday, May 3, 2009

America's New Sweetheart and Her Religion

I can't help myself. I made the mistake of reading the Parade insert in the Sunday paper and came across another dopey comment like last week's by Hugh Jackman. This time it was by Amy Adams (star of Enchanted), who was asked if she still holds to her childhood religion of Mormonism. Here's her answer: "Well, I certainly hold on to a definite sense of right and wrong. I try to live by the golden rule." Wow. Another bold, in-depth, carefully thought out belief. Who doesn't carry a sense of right and wrong? That's relativism, isn't it? I don't hear anything about a set of scriptures to study, an authority she is willing to follow, any spiritual disciplines. Pretty typical today--do what you feel is right; depend on your own abilities to get by.

No comments:

Post a Comment